Product Description & Reviews
OSD Audio’s SVC100 is a complete whole-house audio volume control kit that’s ideal for dining rooms, conference rooms, saunas, garages or other audio zones where volume levels can vary widely. Designed with precision electronics, the SVC100 maintains the full hi-fi audio frequency response with no low frequency roll-off and is equipped with the same features of volume controls that cost twice as much. Rated at 100 Watts peak, this stylish VC includes adjustable jumpers to add up to eight pairs of 8-ohm speakers simultaneously, while the impedance-matching feature helps stabilize the ohm load going back to the amp or receiver to avoid overheating and damaging expensive equipment. A complete volume control kit that fits into a standard single-gang box, the SVC100 also includes the junction box, screws and assorted color trim plates (white, ivory and almond) so you can choose the color that best matches your room’s decor. Compatible with almost any dedicated audio zone or whole house system, this versatile whole house volume control includes a 12-step rotary knob that adjusts the volume from inaudible to loud and everything in between. What Is Impedance Protection? Speakers are specified by impedance, which is a measurement of resistance to alternating current, and a common value for speakers is 8 ohms. When you’re connecting multiple speakers to a receiver or amplifier, you need to stay above the amp’s minimum load requirements because going below the impedance rating can overheat or even damage expensive equipment. The SVC100 allows you to match the impedance with the number of speakers being controlled with the capabilities of your amp. A basic multi-room system will typically have an amplifier/receiver, a speaker selector, four to eight pairs of speakers, and volume controls. Impedance-matching volume controls feature three settings depending on how many speakers you are connecting. For one to two pairs of 8-ohm speakers, the setting is 1/2x; for three or four pairs of 8 ohm speakers, the setting is 4X. Keep in mind that volume controls do not add gain (volume) to your speakers but simply attenuate the volume up or down. During setup, you'll set the source volume to its optimum level, then the volume control turns the sound down to inaudible levels. Specifications Power handling: 100W per channel Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz Front-mounted switch allows for easy adjustment when multiple pairs of speakers are connect to a single receiver or amplifier Impedance matching for 2, 4 or 8 pairs of speakers and can be used as non-impedance matching if leaving default on jumper setting at 1X. Steps: 12 (make before break) Total Attenuation: 42 dB (Max) Includes White, Ivory and Almond Plates, Inserts and Knobs Fits in a standard gang box Measures 4.125cm W x 6.35cm H x 6.35cm D 5-yr warranty
Features & Highlights
- WHOLE-HOUSE VOLUME CONTROL: A complete Decora style impedance-matching volume control kit for whole house audio systems and dedicated audio zones so you can control speaker volume independently within various areas of your home or office.
- DECORA STYLE DESIGN: Installs easily and works with almost any audio system, includes three decora style trim plates in white, ivory or almond to match your room décor as well as a 12-point linear control knob to adjust volume from high to inaudible.
- INCLUDES ADJUSTABLE JUMPERS: Rated at 100 Watts peak with minimal bass roll-off, includes adjustable jumpers to add up to eight pairs of 8-ohm speakers simultaneously depending on what type of load your amp can handle.
- IMPEDANCE MATCHING PROTECTION: Includes selectable impedance matching so parallel connections of multiple volume controls can be installed without damaging your receiver or amplifier.
- A COMPLETE VC KIT: Designed to provide low distortion and a ruler flat frequency response, accepts up to 14-gauge wiring and includes junction box and screws.
please update our item
|Item Weight:||1.24 pounds|
|Item Size:||3 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.3 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.9 x 3 x 3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.